Re: [OM] OMers...equipment for astronomy

Subject: Re: [OM] OMers...equipment for astronomy
From: "Gareth.J.Martin" <g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:49:03 +0100
If the description is anything to go by this is one hell of a scope!
You don't see them made like this often. If you've got the money and
space and check to optics to be fine then buy it, you won't be
disappointed!!! You can get a good scope for a good price nowadays,
c.f. Meade ETX 90EC, ~£500 IIRC. My scope, a Meade 8" Starfinder
equatorial cost me £850 in 1995 after years of saving up for it. This
is quite a large amount for a scope but not suprising.

The OM1 and OM1-n is highly regarded in astronomy circles, what other
camera can do +6 hour exposures in temperatures well below zero and
still keep working, not many! The only problem I find with them is
that, using them for eyepice projection or prime focus photography, due
to their weight, they tend to change the balance of the telescope
slightly. Luckily this is easy to compensate for.

Best Wishes,
Gareth.

> Hey all,
>
> Everyone knows just how great the OM1 (and n) is for astronomy.  But you
> need a good telescope.  Get a load of this one that is for sale (only 1 yr.
> old).  Hard to believe people spend that much on the stuff.
>
> Any takers?
>
> -Bill
>

> http://www.astromart.com/viewad.asp?cid=128997

Gareth.J.Martin,