[OM] Metz 45 CL-3, Metz 45 CL-4 for TTL on OM

Subject: [OM] Metz 45 CL-3, Metz 45 CL-4 for TTL on OM
From: "Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 04:07:27 -0400
John and everyone,
I've decided to take the plunge and buy or rent a Metz 45.  (On my August
vacation, I'll be taking pictures in a big, unlighted, & nearly window-less
auditorium.)

In your experience, can I rent a big flash for a week in a medium-sized
American city like Cincinnati?

Do you have links to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the Metz 45
series?  (A google search gives me lots of archive hits where the flashes
are mentioned in passing.)

What do I need to let a Metz CL-3 or Metz 45 CL-4 do TTL on the OM-4 and
OM-PC?

Can I plug the Metz module(s) for OM into the TTL socket of the OM-4 that
was intended for T-series flashes?  In your experience is that the _most_
reliable way of connecting?  Which module for which flash?  Who has these
modules for OM?  Is a camera mounted sensor (instead of the internal sensor)
an option?

In your experience, is a setup of used Metz equipment reliable or do I need
to lay out the long green for new stuff?

In your experience, can I rent a big flash for a week in a medium-sized
American city like Cincinnati?

Thanks.

Lama