[OM] Medium format/ Fuji GW670III

Subject: [OM] Medium format/ Fuji GW670III
From: "Olympus List" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 03:48:19 -0700
I'm all loaded up for my asia trip.
10 rolls of Reala
10 rolls of Superia 400
3 rolls of Fuji ACROS
1 roll of Tmax BW 400 But while at the camera store; I was tempted by the medium formats... A few in particular that I was considering.
The Bronica RF645..
The Fuji 645Zi
and the Fuji GW670III and GW690III of those, the Fuji GW670 is really tempting me. Anybody have one of these?? The GW690 is great also, but that's a choice between 6x7 or 6x9. I haven't researched the advantages of each, but I assume the 6x7 is "ideal" for 8x10's since the ratio is so close, and the 6x9 is more of the traditional 2:3 ratio like the 35mm. Any suggestions on that would be welcome.. But I love my OM for the fact that it's purely mechanical, and the fact that the GW670 or GW690 will be smaller than a N*kon F5 and is purely mechanical and has a picture soooo much bigger than a 35mm makes me want one as a companion camera. Thinking about handing my OM to my gf as the camera for her to use on our trips, while I shoot a medium format. (READ, companion, not replacement. Nothing replaces my OM.) Albert