Re: [OM] ( OM ) Lens data / performance

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Lens data / performance
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 01:04:11 -0700
Hey Brian, it has 6 elements, so it meets the Lamadoo test, who cares about coatings ;-) .

Seriously, I wonder just how much difference MC makes to this particular lens. There are 2 cemented groups, so there are only 8 air/glass surfaces and the very front and rearmost aren't a problem. With the rear group so far away from the front groups and the front of the rear and rear of the front groups (are you following?, dizzy?) both concave, I don't think there is going to be much reflection caused contrast reduction or flare there. With only 4 air/glass surfaces left to really worry about, I suspect that MC has much less potential impact on this design than on zooms or the complex multi element wide angles.The 21/2 has 16 air/glass surfaces all in close proximity to each other.

Don't worry, be happy, take pictures.

Moose

Brian Swale wrote:

HI,

Can anybody point me to comparative tests of the SC and MC versions of the Zuiko 300mm f/4.5?

Mine is a S/N 1036xx and I have just realised it is SC.