Re: [OM] ( OM ) Lens data / performance

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Lens data / performance
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 19:58:53 +1200
Hi folk,

I'm very happy with my Zuiko 300mm f/4.5 now, but I must say it did take me
a while (and a lot of verbal grumbling in this forum) to figure out how to get
the best out of it.  I'm just curious about the MC versions.

I daresay if I had had another long lens instead at the same time I'd have
been grumbling about that one too.  It's been a long learning curve for me but
I think I got there in the end.

And in case you're wondering, I have followed Gary Reese's lens test
practice to the letter, to get the best out of it. Plus you have to remember
that it can (by design) focus past infinity, so that for far subjects it is not
just
a matter of turning the focus ring as far as it will go - you must actually
focus.