Re: [OM] OM2S Fang

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2S Fang
From: Mark Marr-Lyon <markml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 08:49:31 -0600
T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>Well...if I go somewhere just to take snapshots, without thinking about
>anything photo, then yes. Then again, if I go such places, I am likely to
>bring a snapshot-camera (OM40) instead.

Is there something about the OM40 that makes it a better snapshot camera?

>My OM2s/p's almost exclusively live in manual-spot mode. I guess yours
>will too....

Yes, I think that is likely.

>When you've got a pile of pictures from the 75-150, can I then convince
>you to publish your experiences/verdict of the lens. I am considering
>getting one, but have not yet really formed an opinion on if it is a good
>idea...

This is my first Zuiko zoom too.  I've used the 85-250 before, but not
for a long time.  It's received good comments on this list, so I'm hoping
I like it.

I had noticed that after I reassembled the lens, it is not quite parfocal
over the zoom range.  The plane of focus shifts a small amount when
zooming.  Is this normal?  If not, how is it fixed?  The only adjustment
I saw was in the front group, and I couldn't seem to get it any better
with that.

then Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Program mode is useful if you mount a WA lens.  The program seems to
>want to use the smallest practical f-stop, hence you can pre-set the
>focus and fire away.  Great for parties, as has been discussed lately.

Yes, it would seem well suited for those kinds of photos.  I'm assuming
that program mode will not work with a flash, but if I'm wrong, please
tell me.

>I would consider a "2" series focusing screen.  Mine originally came
>with a 1-13.  The 2-13 brightened up the world considerably.

Definitely!  I've got a 2 series in my OM-4T and wouldn't give it up,
although I prefer the 2-4 over the split-image style.  Of course, I will
then more than double the cost of the camera ;)

Mark Marr-Lyon