[OM] Humidity suggestions

Subject: [OM] Humidity suggestions
From: "Olympus List" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:23:36 -0700

I'll be going to Thailand on Monday, then Hong Kong, then Taiwan for a full month!! :-) What I am concerned is humidity. I had to get one of my lenses cleaned when I was in taiwan last time, it just gummed up that badly and the blades wouldn't reopen. There's quite a few vets on this list, and so I was wondering if you could give me some hints on what I can do to minimize humidity related problems. #2, Thailand is the land of gold. The temples, the women etc.. high in heavy contract colors. Any suggestions on film use? I usually shoot Superia 400, because the color saturation is good, but people turn out a bit less accurate on skin tones. But is this a good choice? Should I move to 200 speed film instead? 100 speed? I'll be shooting mostly outdoor shots I think, but I am not completely sure. I find the superia 400 to be fine grained already, finer than the Kodak Gold 200's, but the extra stop helps. But I'm wondering if there's a film that is as highly versatile that I'm not using...
Thanks.
Albert