Re: [OM] (OT) Pronunciation

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Pronunciation
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 06:05:10 +0100
Cc: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Well, we pronounce Martin with the last syllable sounding like the
metal tin (and, of course, without sounding the "r").  My friends and
other Americans since pronounced it as if the "i" did not exist:
"Mart'n".  In fact I remember watching "My Favourite Martian" and
they pronounced it like that as well.

This is not a complaint, you understand, merely an observation... :>)

Chris