Re: [OM][OT]HTML on list

Subject: Re: [OM][OT]HTML on list
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 20:20:09 +0200 (CEST)
On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Winsor Crosby wrote:

> I agree with the people who complain about HTML on the list. It does
> occur to me that it has been a problem and a source of a long litany
> of complaints with every list I have been on.  What is hard for me
> absorb is that there is not list server software out there that will
> automatically strip out the HTML and make the problem go away. Is
> that so? If not why isn't it used?

Well, I guess I can reply to that.

There is software out there, that *almost* does what is wanted. It is
currently being tested and found to sometimes be too draconian in what it
kills. That is the reason why we are not using it currently.

However, I am playing with a hacked version of it it on a "shaddow list"
that takes all the traffic from thisone and nukes html and does other
interresting things. When I get it right (e.g. when it doesn't notorically
kill anything that says AOL and other such things), I will talk to Shawn
who's running the machine hosting this mailing list.

Shawn has promised to install what I come up with, provided that it is not
compromizing his box and taking too much of his time to do.

So this is an issue being addressed. Please be patient just a little
longer.

Thanks - and sorry for the wait.

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)