RE: [OM] OM Lens browsing

Subject: RE: [OM] OM Lens browsing
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:47:21 -0600
> >The creeping is not normal, my 35-80 also does not creep at all. But if
you
> >didn't found other problem and you don't mind some inconvenient, it is no
> >need to fix.
>
> No creeping in mine either, even after dropping it :-)
> I havent pulled mine apart but in a few others, it maybe you
> have some loose hoding screws,

 An alternative, easy and safe, fix for zoom creep (at least, it worked on
my 65-200/4, not tried it on the high-end stuff) is to stick a strip of
electrical tape down the length of the body that the sliding bit moves on.
This makes it just large enough to give enough extra grip to remove all the
creep.

 (I'm marginally concerned that it might be shaving off the felt/whatever
from the inside of the sliding section, but I've not seen any signs of this
happening so I'm assuming it's okay for now. I tried tightening up the
fixing screws, but that didn't get me anything)

 -- dan