RE: [OM] OM Lens browsing

Subject: RE: [OM] OM Lens browsing
From: Harry Wiechel <h.wiechel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 15:45:25 +0200

I havent pulled mine apart but in a few others, it maybe you
have some loose hoding screws, if you are not comfortable
taking the rubber off, or removing the rings (caution, some
zooms are a real pain to refocus), then it maybe a good idea
to have a tech check it, just a quick one to check the screws
etc so it shouldnt be very expensive.

Saying that, I did have a 35-70 that had loose screws in the
zoom ring for years, never lost the screws, just made the
zoom ring have to much play.

Cheers
Ian Manners

same here:
I have this problem on my 65-200 mm Ian. It zooms out just by holding it
towards the ground.  But I dont know just where to look for those screws
you mentioned. How to take the rubber ring off? its seems pretty tight fit
on the lens barrel.

advise is being appreciated.

Harry W.