Re: [OM] 50/3.5 macro and 28/3.5 problems

Subject: Re: [OM] 50/3.5 macro and 28/3.5 problems
From: "Mike Cormier" <ronaldcormier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 12:52:47 -0400
Whoever told you 50/3.5 lens isn't worth much does not know their ass from the proverbial hole in the ground. 50mm/1.8 standard lenses are cheap and easy to come by, sure, but the 50/3.5 MACRO is a precision close-up lens capable of doing 1:2 macro at close distances, and even used, retails for well over $100 US. Considering that fixing the lens would only be about 50 or 60 dollars, I'd say buddy at the store was some amateur high-school kid who once took a picture for some crappy newsletter & thinks therefore thinks he's a pro, or perhaps some less than honest dealer who was hoping you'd leave it on his counter and walk away so he could give it the quick fix and turn it around for a couple hundred bucks. Thank goodness you found this list!

at a store they told me it ain't worth