[OM] 50/3.5 macro and 28/3.5 problems

Subject: [OM] 50/3.5 macro and 28/3.5 problems
From: Nils Frohberg <nilsf@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 12:43:30 +0200
hi!

here goes my first post to this amazingly active list!

i got a few new lenses from my dad a short while ago, and i have a few
slight problems with the 50/3.5 macro and the 28/3.5:

first, in the 50mm, somehow the shutter must have gotten stuck. i put
two pictures up at http://www.nils-frohberg.de/oly/PIC00009.JPG and
http://www.nils-frohberg.de/oly/PIC00010.JPG (sorry, they're still quite
big since i didn't have the opportunity to scale them down and i really
didn't think about putting the C1400-L to a lower quality setting). is
there anything that can be done? at a store they told me it ain't worth
repairing since it's a 50mm lens and so it isn't worth much. but i sure
would like to use the lens once or twice before i give up :)

on the 28mm i only have a slight problem. i got it with a 1A filter on,
which obviously wasn't removed for ages, since it is  stuck so hard onto
the lens, that parts of the lens are unscrewed if i try to unscrew the
filter (as can be seen in http://www.nils-frohberg.de/oly/PIC00011.JPG
and http://www.nils-frohberg.de/oly/PIC00012.JPG). i simply didn't watch
out the first time (never thought something like this could happen), and
i accidently unscrewed the part which holds the aperture-settings ring
down, and i can get it on quite tight again, but not as it was
previously (resulting in a much smoother setting of the aperture, since
now it doesn't lock into the 3.5, 5.6, 8, 11, 16 settings). any hints on
how to solve this?

btw, i really enjoyed all the TOPE up to now. the night before
yesterday's, a huge thunder passed right besides me (lightening struck
almost all 2-3s), so i was able to pass two rolls of film thru my OM2
and my OM1 (with a broken light meter :/). it was my first
storm-shooting, but if the pictures turn out good, i'll get upset with
the weather-man for delaying that thunder right past the TOPE
shooting-period :)

thanks,
--nils

--
Nils Frohberg
GPG Key: email nilsf@xxxxxxx with Subject: GET GPG KEY

"The truth is, that those who have never entered upon scientific pursuits
 know not a tithe about the poetry by which they are surrounded."
                                                       -- Herbert Spencer