Re: [OM] B&W advice

Subject: Re: [OM] B&W advice
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 12:56:34 -0700
on 6/14/02 1:00 AM, Olaf Greve at o.greve@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Jochen -- Where is that picture... its a pretty cool bridge, double-level
>> and all... the picture toned sepia looks like it was taken 90 years ago!
>> (except for the car and bus).
>
> I directly recognised this bridge, it is in Porto, Portugal. Guess who
> designed it? A certain Mr. Eiffel... Yes, _the_ Mr. Eiffel that also
> designed the Eiffel tower in Paris.
>
> Cheers!
> Olafo

Yes, it has that '1880's look about it. We modern people would never design
anything so intriguing, it would be concrete and built for the 'lowest cost'
design. Sure makes for a great-looking sepia tone picture, though. Just get
the local antique auto club to put some cars up there, and you're 90 years
back in time...
--

Jim Brokaw