Re: [OM] Carefull on German ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] Carefull on German ebay
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 08:42:08 EDT
Hopefully, he'll take it back.
It's too bad you're not in the U.S. I have more 50/1.8 lenses than I have
body caps by about a 3 or 4 to 1 margin. I give them away for free. Maybe
someone from this list near you can help you out in a similar way.

good luck,
George S.

Hi fellow Zuics,

I am really pissed. My first bad experience with ebay. After hearing
so much good about the 1.8/50, I decided to buy one. And since I am
quickly decided, I choose the next best opportunity of a great
looking lens with a mint description for a not so low price. You can
look at it

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1357412338

The seller is: xeiskaltx

Looks and sounds great, right?

What I received was something different: Not "made in Japan", just
"Japan". And I have never seen a lens in such a bad condition: Front
element with bad cleaning traces and finger print, inside something
which looks like crawling fungus (I do not know how fungus looks),
rear element with scratch in multicoating, something dark and sticky
on the bajonette ring, and a dirty skylight filter with it. Thanks a
lot. Never again from this guy. I still have to see what he will
answer to my complain.

I just post it here to warn some other people in germany and Europe
since there was another not so great experience on the German ebay.
Maybe the same seller?