RE: [OM] Heads, tripod, of course

Subject: RE: [OM] Heads, tripod, of course
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 10:45:38 -0700
 > As in all things - beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

 <http://www.asiaphoto.com/jed/410.htm>

 Oh, no, I can certainly see why I'd want a 410 head, but I'm just missing
the 'best features of a ball head' that it has, given it's almost the exact
opposite in terms of usability.

 (that's one other thing that the 405 does that the 410 doesn't (possibly,
though I'm guessing here not having seen either of them in person); the 405
lets you release the dials, reposition the axis you want under zero load,
and then re-attach the dial somehow, so you can move things around fast
without needing to manually dial it all the way there.

 -- dan

Cool. Does it have a liquid crystal display? And GPS? And will it talk to my wonderbrick? I will never have to take a picture except to demonstrate its features. Just play with the hardware and software all day. Should I wait for the motorized version?

Sorry. Got carried away with possibilities of making something simple difficult.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?