Re: [OM] OM-2n

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2n
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:24:04 -0500
Hi, Tom --

I'd bet that the galvanometer itself has failed -- that wasn't uncommon
on the 2 and 2n.  Even if the meter is dead, the OTF system still works
fine -- the meter is just an indicator, after all, it doesn't actually
control anything.  Once in a while we'll see one where the wire has
broken or such-like, but we assume the meter's bad until proven
otherwise.

The problem is, we've been out of meter's for the 2's for years -- our
only "source" has been dead bodies, and I don't think we've got even one
left on hand.  You might want to check with John Hermanson -- I think he
said he had a few new ones left (I'm _so-o-o-o_ jealous! ;^).  Otherwise
we'd have to wait until we can "fang" a dead body for one!

Or you can use it as is -- everthing should work just fine, you just
won't know the approximate shutter speed it's going to use in Auto!

Clint