[OM] Irradiated mounted slides

Subject: [OM] Irradiated mounted slides
From: "Rick Beckrich" <ribec@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 03:47:22 +0800
Only mail going to Washington DC addresses gets zapped*in DC.

Maryland and Virginia have multiple postal distribution centers of their own.
AFAIK they are not irradiating any mail. We mail over 200,000 items a month,
so we kinda keep an eye on this stuff.
Locals remember that Washington DC postal employees DIED from anthrax.
The huge Brentwood USPS distribution center that handled the mail going to
the Capital is still closed.  Between anthrax and the Pentagon bombing, we
may feel a little closer to the war than most folk (NY excluded).

Rick - close enough to see the smoke - in Alexandria VA-USA