RE: [OM] Wrist strap -vs- neck strap

Subject: RE: [OM] Wrist strap -vs- neck strap
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:46:25 -0600
> I pretty much abandoned neck straps a few years ago and use wrist straps
on
> all my OM's..I love the support and secure feeling...of
> course, when you have boobs, neck straps are not terribly staple and tend
> swing too and fro...not that most of you will understand this problem. :=)

 I dunno, I find that a neck strap swings around annoyingly, boobless though
I may be -- partly this is because the mounting points are on the top front
of the camera, so with any sort of lens on the front, there's no way for it
to hang sensibly. It can't hang with the back of the camera against my
chest, because the lens tips it forwards -- but it can't hang with the lens
vertically downwards, because the straps are trying to keep the body
upright.

 (and it tends to bounce around unless you have an amazingly smooth stride,
too; this, I guess, is where the sternum attachments come in)

 -- dan