Re: [OM] Zuiko 200/5 ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 200/5 ?
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 01:20:09 +0200
On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 12:43:58AM +0200, voop@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Just came to think...I've actually never seen one of subj. Neither new
> nor second hand nor in the hands of some other zuikoholic. I don't seem to
> recall it being discussed on the list either.
>
> This strikes me as a bit odd, considering that it should not really be an
> "exotic" lens (as e.g. the 250/2).
>
> I wonder why this is? In one of the german photo books (by
> Frantz...something...) I have, it's being used as almost a "standard
> tele", but I've never come across one anywhere in the real world.
>
> Anyone have this lens? What's the verdict? Is it worth the price (what is
> the price, actually) etc....
>
> Of course.....never having seen one, I'm starting to lust for having
> one...sighs....I've got two 200/4 - how would I justify a 200/5 to the
> CDFO?....

I own a 200mm F4 (MC) and a 200mm F5 (SC). And can`t imagine to sell
one of them. I can`t see any differences between the images I get.

The difference is: Almost one stop in favor of the F4 lens is often
crucial to get an image in Germany when the weather is not fine <G>,
or in the evening, or in the shadows.

On the other side the F5-lens is significant smaller, lighter and
more handy. For me this lens is a really OM-feel-good lens.
 When I know there will be enough light, or for longer travel,
or when I´m not sure about the need of 200mm, then I
 appreciate having less weight in the camera bag.
Last but not least, it completes my 49-mm-filter lineup.

Sure they are not often for sale. I´ve payed about 25 0.000000e+00ss than the
usual 200mm F4-price around, and think that the lens is worth it.

Frieder Faig