[OM] Camera Bag - opinions on LowePro Stealth Reporter 650 ?

Subject: [OM] Camera Bag - opinions on LowePro Stealth Reporter 650 ?
From: Benson Honig <benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 22:41:12 +0300
I have two Lowpro's - the Orion Treker, and the Orion mini. The quality of
these bags is really amazing. I hike a lot - and almost always use the
Treker, hardly ever the mini. The Treker has room for all my OM gear
underneath, and a lunch and Misc. on the top, without having them meet.
When I fly, I put my laptop in the top portion, and my camera gear on the
bottom. A few nice pockets, lots of dividers. The only weakness is the
older Treker didn't have a tripod strap - if I'm not mistaken, they added
it to the bag. I simply added two velcro straps by sewing them in the side,
and presto, my GITZO fits like a charm, with the legs in the compression
straps. The one thing about these Lowpro bags - they are all very very
comfortable, and made of the best materials - and seem to stand up to
serious use and punishment. They are also very good at protecting the
cameras. I would stand by this brand. I don't know about the particular
model you referenced - but you might want to check out the treker. Consider
that when they estimate what fits in the bag, they are on full sized SLR's
- with an OM, you can add at least one or two lenses to the configuration
without any problem.

Benson

So...anyone who have any opinions on
http://www.lowepro.com/pages/series/stealth/stealth650.htm) that
they would like to share?

I am considering one of those to contain both the zuik's and the laptop
when going on shorter travels. It looks like a good option and LowePro's
quality is usually quite good. But anyone tried it / seen it for real?

I'm going to try to look for a bag tomorrow, that can hold both a laptop
and camera stuff and still be carryable. I've got a trip comming this
weekend to Lausannes (Switzerland) where it will be quite handy.

Benson Honig Ph.D.
University of Haifa
Graduate School of Business
Tel: 972-4-8249582