RE: [OM] CAMERA BAGS

Subject: RE: [OM] CAMERA BAGS
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 13:00:14 -0600
> Wow, nice looking work... you've inspired me to try something like this.
If
> only I wasn't all left-handed thumbs when it comes to sewing. Maybe the
> solution to the depth problem is a layer of foam in the bottom, which
would
> also provide extra cushioning when you're wearing the pack.

 Yes, that would probably work nicely; there's an extra layer of foam
'inside' the lid that you can't see from those shots, which helped a bit.
The only issue might be that the back was already padded, so you'd be sewing
through four layers of cloth and one, possibly two, layers of foam depending
on how you lined it up. There's always glue, I guess.. I didn't find any
problems with comfort/padding so far, certainly.

 I think I went way overboard with the velcro -- looking at real bags, they
just have a narrow strip of velcro and tabs on the removable bits that match
up with those strips. Oh, and velcro on the bottom (back) would help, to
keep things more firmly in place.

 The actual sewing's not that difficult -- you just have to be a bit careful
to sew right up next to the foam in the dividers to stop them slopping
around, but once you've worked out where to hold the fabric down that's not
difficult.

 -- dan