RE: [OM] CAMERA BAGS

Subject: RE: [OM] CAMERA BAGS
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 09:28:48 -0700
With regard to self-made camera bags (Johan Malmström), and to bags that
can also take a laptop PC (Thomas Clausen), I could mention that the
Fjallraven Kaanken that Johan used also comes in a computer version, where
a PC can be placed in a specially padded pocket on the back side of the
pack (where the shoulder straps are). The rest of the pack, with a full
front panel opening, could be converted just like Johan's. The shoulder
harness is also beefed-up.

See

http://www.fjallraven.se/spring2002/en/23560.htm

Only problem, I imagine, is that Fjallraven do not sell much outside
Scandinavia........

Roger Key

Kensington saddlebag is designed for a computer. It is shaped like a backpack and has a variety of carry systems including a very comfortable grip. I have used a an insert in the front compartment from a Tenba briefcase style camera bag to combine the functions. Lots of pockets. One could make a more custom insert as others have already mentioned.

--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?