RE: [OM] CAMERA BAGS

Subject: RE: [OM] CAMERA BAGS
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 19:35:02 +0200
I was amazed that you could get so much into a Kånken (perhaps we should
spell it Kaanken for the US), but when I checked the size, my Kaanken is
not much smaller than my Lowepro Mini Trekker in width and height.
One great advantage of the Kaanken is that it does not look like a camera
bag, especially when there are so many identical bags out on the street! It
is also a panel loader for easy access, with much better carrying handles
than a normal daypack when not using the shoulder straps.

Roger Key

> I have longed for a camera backpacker bag, and with help from my
girlfriend
> (she the engineer...), a lot of silver tape, stuffing material (PE foam)
and
> a small backpacker, like the Fjallräven Kånken
> <http://www.fjallraven.se/spring2002/en/23510.htm> .
>
> An hour later, I had a bag that hold all my current OM equipment:

-- Johan

 I've also made my own camera bag -- the tricky part was finding a bag that
opens with the whole front folding away, so you get decent access to the
contents. I'll take some shots and post them up somewhere -- it's pretty
easy, just get a bag, a foam camping mat, some velcro and cloth, and sew
away..

 -- dan