Re: [OM] Really bad wedding shoot

Subject: Re: [OM] Really bad wedding shoot
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 12:28:28 -0500
Ah, well....

On one of my first weddings, many years ago, I shot with a borrowed
potato-masher flash, non-Olympus -- took two of them, just in case.
Recycle time went from long to longer -- switched flashes -- not much
better.  Ended up taking a shot, switching battery, charging -- take
shot, switch battery, charge -- take shot, switch battery, charge....

Not long ago, I shot a friend's wedding, a gorgeous bartender from near
the office where I have had lunched frequently for almost 20 years --
first wedding with a new "medium" format (again, not an Oly...).  Was
"requested" to shoot some of her in her lingerie -- hubba, hubba!
Later, when I switched backs, I realized the dark slide was still in,
upside down -- the camera wound and fired, but no image.  Argh!

This _was_ an OM -- shooting my sister's engagement party -- roll three
in my OM-4 rewound after only one or two rotations of the rewind knob --
I hadn't loaded properly or checked to be sure the rewind knob was
turning when winding the camera.

Shot a wedding at a place in the country -- knelt to get the boquet-toss
-- right knee into a pile of dung, >squish<!

Lessons?  Take an XA and shoot as a guest!  It's a lot less stress!