[OM] Really bad wedding shoot

Subject: [OM] Really bad wedding shoot
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 11:54:16 -0700 (PDT)
I was hired to shoot an outdoor wedding at a city park.  The day
was georgous with sunshine, a light breeze and the flowers all
in bloom.  That was where the goodness ended.

I had never met the couple before and my instructions had listed
the wrong park.  I arrive and the ceremony is almost to begin.
Arrgh!  It was 1:00 pm and my instructions say that the wedding
was supposed to be at 2:00 pm.  I question my watch, but the
time on my cellphone verifies the odd situation.  Oh well, time
to roll.

I frantically stuff a roll of film into the OM-2S, handhold the
flash since I didn't even have time to mount the stroboframe and
try to get some shots before the ceremony begins.  I get this
wierd look from this one guy who has this fullblown Mamiya
outfit as I cut him off.  I shoot most of the roll and get the
processional in.  It's rather iritating that this other guy
keeps getting in my way, but I work with it.  As soon as the
bride giving away shot is done, I scoot to the back and change
film.

This is where things go from bad to worse.

I rewind the film, but when I pop the back open I see that the
film had pulled out of the cartridge and the entire roll still
in the camera is now destroyed by the sunlight.  I slap the back
shut really fast, thinking that a few frames might survive, toss
it in the bag and go to my OM-4.  In the meantime, the ceremony
is going too fast and I'm fumbling with the film.  I drop a lens
in the grass and never do get the flash hooked back up.

As I'm shooting "The Kiss" the camera starts beeping at me.  It
is completely locked up.  The OM-4 won't advance, fire or
anything.  It just beeps at me.  People are turning to stare.
This is NOT a good situation.

Both cameras are now dead and/or beeping like like a dumptruck
backing up.

Fortunately, I do have my XA with me, but there isn't any
batteries in it and it has a half-shot roll of film in it.

At this point the other photographer comes over and says "Don't
worry, I've got it.  Oh, and I think you are at the wrong
wedding".

Beep, beep, beep...

"Honey, wake up!  Time to get ready for work".

I've GOT to stop eating pizza before bedtime.

AG-Schnozz