Re: [OM] The benefits of not cheaping out

Subject: Re: [OM] The benefits of not cheaping out
From: Frank Griffin <frankrad4@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 23:39:26 -0400
     I have a 3221 and had the same problem with the leg clamps.  I found
it helps to reduce the spring tension in the clamps by adjusting nuts.
The trick is to loosen the clamp as far as you can go without the legs
collapsing when you apply some downward force. You have to estimate what
your heaviest camera and lens combo will be and add a little extra force
just to be on the safe side.  I have not been bit since I made these
adjustments and the tripod sets up smoothly and with less effort. I
bought my tripod on the floor of the camera shop and I think they had a
gorilla set it up originally.

                            Frank