Re: [OM] ( OM ) New locations of the eSIF files.

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) New locations of the eSIF files.
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 23:19:44 -0700
on 5/30/02 3:52 PM, Jim L'Hommedieu at lamadoo@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> OT:
>
> They may be better than others but there's lots of room for improvement.
> Excel and Word don't even "Save As" documents the same way!  Word assumes
> you want to Save As to the same folder as the original document while Excel
> assumes you want to use the  "default" folder which is usually a pain in the
> neck.

Each of the programs uses its own little keyboard shortcuts... so 'alt +
F10' does one thing in Excel and a different thing in Powerpoint... some are
the same, but far from all of them. Another point, the menu commands are not
in the same order, and similar functions are sometimes under different
commands.

I use MS Windows operating systems (typically at work, when I am employed
<sigh>) but they are far from my idea of a consistent and optimized user
interface. My home computer for the past 15 years has been Mac OS, and they
are better, but still not quite all they could be. I'm not into OS-X so I
only have OS-9.1 to compare to, but even there Apple is better (but only
slightly) than Microsoft.

Of course, if Bill Gates has his way, we'll all use Microsoft 'standards'
and Microsoft applications (who needs more than Office, anyway...?) and
upgrade when he says jump, and have one big happy Microsoft world...
--

Jim Brokaw