Re: Re: [OM] ( OM ) New locations of the eSIF files.

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] ( OM ) New locations of the eSIF files.
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 08:44:00 +1000

> Pete Prunskunas <pyotr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> But back to the original subject.  For those who think I am wrong,
> look at any successful website: Amazon, eBay, Eddie Bauer, L.L
> Bean, etc.  They ALL use dark, usually black, text on a white back-
> ground for the most part to maximize contrast.  When they deviate
> from this formula, they employ pleasing colors like muted olive green
> or wheat.  They NEVER use obnoxious colors like saturated red,
> royal blue, or bright yellow.  They understand that their customers
> range from 10-100.  People who employ obnoxious colors are
> usually young with great eyes.  Bland may be boring to you, but it is
> highly usable, and more importantly, highly successful.

I'm pretty sure that the reason Hans used that yellow was to be consistent with
the
original Olympus printed Sales Information File (SIF).  Since the eSIF now
greatly
surpasses the original SIF it may be worth considering the use of another
colour,
personally the yellow doesn't bother me.

Wayne Harridge

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~w_harridge