Re: [OM] Re: 250 f/2

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 250 f/2
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 13:11:33 -0700
on 5/12/02 12:28 PM, Alan Magayne-Roshak at amr3@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> How rare is the 250 f/2, or is this just a mythical beast like a yeti?
>
> Alan M-R

Pretty damm rare. In ~2-1/2 years of closely watching our favorite auction
site I've only seen about two of them... I can recall five or six 350/2.8's
in that time. It was very expensive new, and is still very expensive used;
you have to have deep pockets or a real need for this lens to just buy one.
That said, I'd *love* to have one and figure out what I'd do with it
later...! I'm *sure* I could find something -- portraits from 25 feet away?
Rock concert photography from the cheap seats? Motorcycle race pictures on
Kodachrome 25? There would be some use for it...! Some accounts have it as
one of the best 35mm lenses ever made, by anybody anytime ever... just as
you might have suspected.
--

Jim Brokaw