Re: [OM] Going to Japan....

Subject: Re: [OM] Going to Japan....
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 13:25:44 +0200 (CEST)
On Wed, 8 May 2002, Dorothée Rapp wrote:

> T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>

> > Also, I do not know what to leave out: bw, slide or color print? I want
> > them all, so 3 bodies will have to do.
>

> well, my intuition would be: leave b/w out (or maybe, take film but
> don't take 3 bodies.
> reasons:
> - Japan is pretty *dense and unless you take some trips into nature
> there is quite some smog in the cities and
> -you get wo walk a lot!!
> I did try b/w but find it wasn't really worth it. But then that of
> course is totally personal.

Well, about 900f my photography is b/w, since it suits my style of
photography quite well. So I'd be hard pressed to leave that out. Then
again, as you say, this is really very much of a personal preference
thing, so...;)

> > How would you choose if it was either a 50mmish or an 85/2?
>

> you didn't ask *me, but I'd recommend 85 most definitely...*and the 55 :)))

Well, your opinion is always welcome.....now, I just need to find a
bargain on a 55/1.2 somewhere... ;)

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering