Re: [OM] Negative & Slide film... Price versus Quality

Subject: Re: [OM] Negative & Slide film... Price versus Quality
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 11:33:56 +0100
Olaf Greve wrote:

> Then, a most interesting factor: cost.
> Yes, you won't believe this, but over here roughly the same cost is incurred
> for me to buy Provia 100F (when done in bulk!), get it processed at a
> pro-lab and mount the slides in frames myself (frames included in the
> calculation), as it is to buy Kodakcolor 100/200/400 Gold, and get them
> processed and printed on 10x15CM prints at the "low end MacDonalds mass
> processing factory".

Same here - Sensia 100 process paid costs about 6 pounds for a 36exp
roll, and Fuji labs deliver consistently excellent quality and
turnaround time.  Bog standard print film is about 3 pounds, bog
standard d&p is about the same.  That's same day service, but I'd
infintely rather get slides back from Fuji in three days than get prints
the same day.

Roger