[OM] A discovery of no particular significance

Subject: [OM] A discovery of no particular significance
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 12:08:28 -0700
Hi Zuiks:

Unlike most of you, I like and use ever-ready cases (ERC).  I use the
whole  case to transport bodies, and the bottom half to protect the body
when shooting.

I have acquired a number of the older "brown" ERC.  The latest came from
B&H, and was advertised a a case for an OM-2.  Lo and behold, the "nose"
of the case is marked 1.8N.  I noticed that my other cases are marked
1.2N, and 1.4N.  They are all physically different sizes, with the 1.8N
naturally being the smallest.  I also have a (new) black ERC.
Officially, it is a "Semi-hard Case 3". and it has an enormous nose,
compared to any of my other cases.

I can't believe that anyone at Olympus took the time to design and
manufacture three different styles of case fronts.  Pity the poor
dealer, who was expected to carry all of these styles!  If I had been a
dealer in those days, I would have carried only the 1.2N case, since it
is the most versatile.

Not a very earth-shaking discovery, but one that ranks with the
discovery that focus screen brush handles came in different colors...

Bill Stanke