Re: [OM] best monitor for photo work

Subject: Re: [OM] best monitor for photo work
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 23:29:23 +0800
Hi Grath and William,

I'm not a Sony fan, actually I don't like Sony, as the distributor here was
not so good in repetition (now it is run by Sony itself, I don't know it is
better or not). Talking about price, I got my Sony 17" at $250, not very
good but okay when compared to Samsung (Sony is around 15 0gher in price).
Viewsonic similar one could be even more expensive, NEC just seems
disappeared here, it was almost the best monitor in 1990, their multisync
monitor got a very high market share here.

I'm running the Sony at 1152x864 (85Hz), the geometric distortion is very
small, the two damping lines are my most hate one but the color saturation
and sharpness are excellent. The "moire" adjust is very common today, my
Sony 17" also has this control. I'm a semi-digital pro that sometime do
slide output job, an accurate color monitor is very important, I can't
afford a really professional monitor but the Sony just fit my bill.

Again, I have NO Sony TV, DVD, VCR.... I only have a 17" Sony monitor, video
projector and head phone, that is all Sony stuffs I have. BTW, I think the
sharpest monitors are still using Sony Trinitorn.

C.H.Ling