[OM] TOPE 1 revisited - comments

Subject: [OM] TOPE 1 revisited - comments
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 19:39:30 +0100
I have just looked again at TOPE 1, an experience I enjoy in putting
faces to names... well some anyway as not everyone has put photos up.
I then looked at the comments on mine for the first time, sorry chaps.

To Olafo: I had my recently acquired 21/3.5 on my OM1N resting on the
cockpit's coaming.  You can see my white glove holding it by the
reflection in my dark visor.  I did not record the exposure details,
but it would have been a high shutter speed, probably 1/1000 and at
least f8.  And, I would like a trip in one now.. I fly little
putt-putt puddle-jumpers now ;-).

To Gary Edwards (whose on the job photos have been really thrilling
to see since): the slip ball was most definitely *not* off :>).  With
the autopilot doing the flying (at Flight Level 200) and the
navigator doing the navigation what else was there for me to do but
trim the aircraft out and take photos waiting for the descent to low
level in England - we weren't allowed to fly tactical low level in
the Netherlands or Germany where I was based.  I had eliminated the
bad flare by cropping the photo so what you see is the remaining,
interesting flare...

And thanks to the others.

I was leaving the Mess today after a little pint of decent English
beer and I heard the  "Sound of Freedom" from above.  It was a pair
of F15Cs from Lakenheath "working" hard at about 5,000 feet (probably
below their legal base height) doing a bit of 1 vs 1 Basic Fighting
Manoeuvres.  That made me stop and think and feel just a little
envious!

Thanks again to Olafo for a great resource.

Chris
--
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker