Re: [OM] OM1n metering (unhappy)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1n metering (unhappy)
From: John Robison <omrobison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 17:39:28 -0700 (PDT)
--- Olympus List <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I just got 4 rolls of my slide film back..  Most
> were too dark, except for the ones that were in
> bright daylight.  As much as I love my OM, my friend
> who took all his pictures on his Minolta 9, has
> PERFECT exposure...  And it almost makes me want to
> move to a wonderbrick.  As far as sharpness, he uses
> all tokina lenses, and they were sharp, his zooms
> and my primes look no different, when the metering
> was dead on.  So, any suggestions??
>
> Is the Om4Ti's metering a lot better??  I hear it's
> great, and now it's making me wondering if I should
> move to a different camera body, as this one is not
> providing me with what I want/need.
>
> Albert
 The OM-1n's meter is a standard mid 70'design,
centerweighted and favoring the lower part of the
screen. This camera, when up to spec and with proper
technique is capable of accurate exposures from very
dim to very bright light. If your having problems,
either the meter is faulty or you need to understsnd
the proper metering method, esp in high contrast
situtations. Without seeing the slides it would be
diffcult to provide an answer to your queston. The
4ti, used on regular auto would provide no better
solution to exposure than a 2 or 2n used on auto.
However the 4ti's multi-spot feature employed by an
experienced photographer can provide answers in
problematic lighting conditions that regular meter
systems would have difficulty reading.  John Robison