Re: [OM] Tamron 80-200 f/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 80-200 f/2.8
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 12:00:29 -0700
In a message dated 4/24/2002 Lama writes:

<< Is this available used?  If I find one in a Nikon mount, is the
correct mount for an OM-4 available? <snip> the ability to crop with a
two-touch zoom in this range is something useful that I miss. >>

Only used, no longer available new. Prices seem to be all over the map.
I paid ~$300.00 for mine. They were all Adaptall2 mounts so buy one in
whatever mount you can find one in, buy an Olympus mount (later style or
fill the offending hole with epoxy if used on an OM-4), and recoup some
of your money by selling off the old non-OM mount. It is not a two-touch
design and you should keep in mind they do suffer from "zoom creep"
(never bothered me). Some call it heavy and large (compared to the other
lens I use most of the time I call it a refreshing lightweight ;-)...).
Exceptional performance. This is the fast professional zoom Olympus
never made. There is also a Tokina 80-200/2.8 that is quite good, but
tend to be harder to find. HTH.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com