Re: [OM] Father of the Bride's OM kit

Subject: Re: [OM] Father of the Bride's OM kit
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 19:16:00 -0500
At 12:11 4/17/02, Bill Barber wrote:
Wanted to pack lighter as I was mainly going to be doing candids inside of buildings. So here goes: 2- OM 2Ss, T32 with T20 as back up, 35-105 Zuiko, BG 2, Winder 2 and a 75-150 Zuiko with my 49mm Softar 2 lens if I decide use it. Extra AA batteries, but no film or much else in the way of accessories. I'm going to have to carry an abbreviated set of golf clubs because this camera case is heavy, certainly not lighter. Must be all those batteries, 4 in the bounce grip, 10 AA, 8-357s. I did by the way get the TOPE 9 working. Looks like most of you folks live where it snows or did like I did and travel to the snow. Some nice stuff in there. Bill Barber

Bill,
Doesn't sound too heavy to me provided the 35-105 and 75-150 are the "body caps." Just remember to keep it as simple as you can. Plan to use the T-32 as your mainstay in the BG2. You will need all the flash power you can muster working in large room with tall ceilings. I recommend starting with the 35-105 and trying to work with it as much as possible. The parents are second only to the immediate wedding party in their roles. Simplicity will help greatly. Don't get your hopes up too much about doing that much shooting during wedding or reception. As "Father of the Bride" you will be busy handling that. You should be able to do more during less formal events before and after the wedding.

-- John