[OM] Mysterious F280

Subject: [OM] Mysterious F280
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:12:37 -0700
I have to admit I never use the full synchro option on my F280 flash. I just reread the instruction(hohoho) manual. I understand how it works and what it does. I just do not have a clue as to how to use it easily. Apparently Olympus wants you to carry around the little distance chart, but they warn that it may not be accurate if there is ambient light. Since about the only use I would have would be about 1 1/2 stops of flash fill against back lighting I am flummoxed. Has anyone worked out an easy rule of thumb for using this function?
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?