[OM] Lens Mount Swap

Subject: [OM] Lens Mount Swap
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:27:42 -0700
I need some possible DIY (or don't try it) advice from our technical
experts (John H. and Clint please feel free to chime in). The lock on my
350/2.8 lens mount is not securely locking on my OM-4t body or my 1.4XA
converter. It locks better on my less used bodies, but then again all my
other lenses lock securely to the -4t.

So, my thought is I could rob the required lens mount parts off a junker
50/1.8 I have and put them on the 350/2.8. It is pretty important that
the body lock to the lens securely since I carry the combo with the
strap attached to the big white beast and am getting tired of worrying
about the body falling off.

Mount removal and reinstallation steps would be greatly appreciated if
possible.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com