Re: [OM] Lens Mount Swap

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Mount Swap
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 15:29:58 -0700
That mechanism is very simple. Have you taken off the mount and checked that it isn't 'gooky' (technical term), it is engaging the spring correctly and the pin that engages with the lens rear mount isn't bent or worn? I have lots of 50/1.8s, but no 350/2.8, so I don't know if the parts are the same. The mount on my 85/2 was bent very slightly where the DOF button goes through so it would bind the button and keep the spring from pushing it all the way out. Check that the button and latch move freely all the way out. On most plebian Zuikos, you just remove the 4 screws and gently pull the mount straight off.

Moose

Motor Sport Visions Photography wrote:

I need some possible DIY (or don't try it) advice from our technical
experts (John H. and Clint please feel free to chime in). The lock on my
350/2.8 lens mount is not securely locking on my OM-4t body or my 1.4XA
converter. It locks better on my less used bodies, but then again all my
other lenses lock securely to the -4t.

So, my thought is I could rob the required lens mount parts off a junker
50/1.8 I have and put them on the 350/2.8. It is pretty important that
the body lock to the lens securely since I carry the combo with the
strap attached to the big white beast and am getting tired of worrying
about the body falling off.

Mount removal and reinstallation steps would be greatly appreciated if
possible.