Re: [OM] 180mm f2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] 180mm f2.8
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 19:42:19 -0700
If you have "realistic" funding: you put in maximum bid of what you think it is worth, intersect with what you can afford.
If you have more money than Bill Gates - triple the previous amount
If you have restricted budget - bid what you can afford.

The rest is up to the bidders out there, which may include list members or not. If you outbid someone, it just means you are willing to pay more. Doesn't matter whether it is a list member or not.

Of course, if you use the keep upping-the-bid model, that might be different.