Re: [OM] 2X teleconverter question

Subject: Re: [OM] 2X teleconverter question
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 05:20:43 -0400
Andrea,

No, it is not Olympus and yes you should return it.  It is worth roughly
$10-15, tops.  The wording "for Olympus" is quite common and would only be
used by a company other than Olympus.

Tom

> First, a "whale" of an update...the whales apparently have a contract to
only perform on the weekends, for tourists, because they were not
cooperative when I was out there with my trusty OM1-MD.  So thanks for
everyone's advice, and I am now the proud owner of a new liner polarizer,
should I ever need it, and a peck of Portra VC.

> I recently purchased (on evilBay) a 2X teleconverter.  The seller swore up
and down that it was Olympus, although in his picture it wasn't clear at
all.
> So it arrived today, and it appears to be "for Olympus".  Seller's
response was that he bought it with an Olympus lens, and the salesperson had
told him it was Olympus.  So my question is, could it have been manufactured
by Olympus?  The markings on the TC are as follows:
> MC (in green) CPC AUTO Teleconverter 2X for Olympus-OM (in white) and also
Japan (in white).  There are no other markings on the lens, and the
front/back caps are generic as is the case.  Considering that I paid $68 +
postage, what do folks think about this?  Is it a keeper?  Does anyone know
what it is?  Should I return it?  and, does anyone have a real 2X- A they
want to part with?