[OM] [OT - film] help on slide film

Subject: [OM] [OT - film] help on slide film
From: w shumaker <rlist@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 15:21:01 -0400
I'm about to head off for a trip to the Caribbean and need some slide
film advice. A recent article in the film scanner list has mentioned
pepper grain in high res scans of fuji films. See:
http://luminous-landscape.com/fuji-pepper.htm
This has prompted me to consider trying out some Ektachrome 100s and/
or 100vs. I'm used to the EV range and metering for Provia 100f and Velvia.
Can anyone tell me how 100s and 100vs compare to these films on
their exposure latitude. Or any other advice. I want to be able to get
as large a blowup as I can.

Wayne

PS> and I have to figure out what OM equipment to leave behind and what
to take.