RE: [OM] Re: Whale watching gear selection

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: Whale watching gear selection
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 16:24:27 -0600
Andrea,

Whale photography can have unexpected hazards. My niece married a
professional diver in Alaska several years ago. He had a 30 foot boat and
took her family out for a whale-watching trip off Prince of Wales Island.
The boat didn't have a head so for occasions, when going over the side
wasn't an option, there was a bucket to sit on. They had been out for many
hours and had not seen any whales. My rather rotund sister-in-law had just
perched her large alabaster bottom on the bucket when the first whale came
into view. As luck would have it, she was between the people with the
cameras and the whale. Not about to waste a photo opportunity, their photos
clearly show two whales.

/jim