[OM] Re: Old Zuikos sharper than new Canon Zooms?

Subject: [OM] Re: Old Zuikos sharper than new Canon Zooms?
From: wavegirl <wavegirl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 12:25:25 +0100
The quality of the lens is of supreme importance, but honestly that is only
half the battle. Heck, some people argue Russian-made cameras have some of
the best optics ever, but I'd be hard pressed to buy a Kiev -- body build
quality and metering are extremely important too. My photographic world
changed forever when I bought my OM-4T. I graduated from a Fuji SLR, and, I
think some of the EBC Fujinon lenses rival Zuikos for sharpness and colour.
I have a 135/2.5 EBC Fujinon which still makes me slack-jawed at the
results. But the spot metering on the 4T was just an absolute dream.
Guesstimating exposure has never been my best strength though I can do it
with bracketing when need be. I absolutely adore my 4T. Friends and family
don't generally even notice the sharpness of the lenses, I think it's mostly
photographers that pick out that much detail -- but most people will notice
when the person or thing in the foreground is underexposed and not care that
the background is perfectly exposed, as an example. There's nothing like a
perfectly exposed frame for a photographic warm fuzzy.

Just my two pennies.