[OM] Wide Range Zooms - any good ?

Subject: [OM] Wide Range Zooms - any good ?
From: Steve <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 21:17:10 +0100
Dear all

I've lurked on this list for a few months, ever since I inherited my
dad's OM gear. My principle subjects are my small children. Being fast
moving little critters, I think I'd find one of the wide range zooms
handy. I was thinking of the Tamron MF 28-200, but I thought I'd see
what those with greater experience have to say.

How do Tamron Lenses compare with Zuiko's ?

Does anyone on the list have any experience with this lens on an OM
series camera ?

Are there any issues I should be aware of ?

Please assume that beyond the basics my ignorance is total and my talent
zero.

P.S. Olympus state that you should not use a 1.5V battery in place of
the 1.35 V Mercury cell in an OM1, in case you "Burn out the meter". Are
there any recorded cases of this actually happening ? I'd be very
surprised if the meter components could not survive an 100vervoltage!

Cheers
--
Steve Dewey