Re: [OM] multi coated lens - 35/2

Subject: Re: [OM] multi coated lens - 35/2
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 09:13:30 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> According to the "MC Cross Reference" (courtesy of Frank van Lindert and
> sponsored by R. Lee Hawkins):
>    http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/multicoat.txt
> The 35/2 is first mentioned in January '74 (source:  OM-1 Manual), with
> first mention of an MC version in January '78 (source:  OM
> SIF).  Furthermore, my 1980 brochure shows it as an "MC" lens.

I have an old OM 1 bochure, it indicated a H Zuiko Auto=W 35mm F2, but I
didn't know if it was ever made, just like the 400/4.5 and 300/6.3 which
also appear on the same bochure but no one ever seen one.

> Also sponsored on the same site is the "MC Lens Survey" which includes
> serial number ranges:
>    http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/mc-sc.survey
> There are some anomalies (likely due to respondent errors and/or lens
> repairs) but it also shows a very early SC version *and* at least one
> silver nose "MC" version.

Sorry, I can't found a SC on 35/2 column, did I missing something?

> Paul Farrar's Zuiko lens information:
>    http://www.datasync.com/~farrar/zuiko.html
> also shows "some" were SC.

Didn't know where he got this information.

C.H.Ling