Re: [OM] multi coated lens - 35/2

Subject: Re: [OM] multi coated lens - 35/2
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 12:45:14 -0500
At 11:42 4/4/02, Peter Dixon wrote:
Just to clarify what I ment, the 35/2 pictured in the book (world of om systems 2nd edition english translation) is single coated - mine is also MC, but the existance of SC versions of this lens has been a topic of debate in the past

Oh, and it's a great lens..........

According to the "MC Cross Reference" (courtesy of Frank van Lindert and sponsored by R. Lee Hawkins):
  http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/multicoat.txt
The 35/2 is first mentioned in January '74 (source: OM-1 Manual), with first mention of an MC version in January '78 (source: OM SIF). Furthermore, my 1980 brochure shows it as an "MC" lens.

Also sponsored on the same site is the "MC Lens Survey" which includes serial number ranges:
  http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/mc-sc.survey
There are some anomalies (likely due to respondent errors and/or lens repairs) but it also shows a very early SC version *and* at least one silver nose "MC" version.

Paul Farrar's Zuiko lens information:
  http://www.datasync.com/~farrar/zuiko.html
also shows "some" were SC.

-- John

If there are "SC" versions of this lens, they would likely be very early ones, and they should have the preceding letter convention indicating number of lens elements "H.Zuiko" marked on the lens ring.

-- John