Re: [OM] New OM-1 MD & battery covers

Subject: Re: [OM] New OM-1 MD & battery covers
From: "Norm Nadel" <ns.nadel@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 06:22:08 -0800
Moose:

A good friend of mine has a plating company that is one of the best known
for specialty work.  He did many of the Rockwell rocket items.  He also
replated the chrome on my Mercedes 300SL convertible (I won 2 best of shows
with it).  If I could get a few of the remanufactured caps (and one old
original) I could send them to him and see what he says.  I do believe that
the original finish is created by a fine sandblasting prior to the chrome
onlay but I am not sure.

Norm